Wednesday, April 23, 2008

UEFA & Mamba

Somewhere along the way, I got into futbol. It might be due to my brother playing back in the day, or learning of a guy they call the "Pretty One" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo and watching him race cars on foot http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2dkd1ZiO0 for fun, but lately I'm into it. ManU played Barca to a nil-nil tie today and it was a great way to start my sporting evening. The other greatest athlete in the world will be on tonight. But, because I live in the east time zone, I'll be DVRing that as well because it doesn't come on until 10:30pm. Lame. Just to show my support, I'll be sleeping in my Ocho jersey.

It was bbq lunch day at work today and based on how I'm feeling now, that's the last time I participate in bbq lunch at work. It's fair to say that it's all good at noon but then tragedy strikes about 4 hours later.

Tomorrow's Thursday which is good and bad. Good in that it's almost Friday which is almost the weekend and bad in that I have to shave in the am. I hate shaving. Hate it. But at least they aren't serving bbq at work.

2 comments:

Phillip Loya said...

How in the world do you miss a spot kick that bad? It's a good thing Bill Walton doesn't do UEFA commentary.

If you enjoyed a nil-nil, congratulations, you're officially of futbol fan of the truest kind.

Also, end of third quarter = best Laker oop of '08! Enjoy.

The Loyas said...

The Laker game was actually good- all 8 minutes that I watched with Phillip :) It cracks me up that he watches to the very end- they were up by like 16 with 2 minutes to go, I guess he's a true fan.